DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the day to day operation of the Reservations department – ensuring that all systems and procedures identified in the reservations audit are completed.
- To ensure that the department provides a high level of customer service and meets set SLAs for all reservations.
- To ensure that you are fully conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises in order to maximize hotels sales.
- To manage and fully understand all systems in the hotel relating to strategic management.
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills development and standards enhancement with the reservations department.
Ensure that communication procedures are effective and efficient on a day to day basis enabling the operation to plan and deliver all customer service requirements.
- To co-ordinate constructively with both Finance, Reception, F&B, Deputy General Manager, and the General Manager to complete all weekly and monthly forecasting within 5%.
- To actively develop the teams’ awareness of revenue capture, packages and accounting in order to enhance revenues and protect customer service.
- To attend the weekly Sales & Revenue meeting in the hotel, compiling the appropriate reports and competitor intelligence to make effective strategic decisions – within this function the top line results vs budget/YOY should be up dated on a weekly basis and the rooms revenue on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that your team advises Housekeeping and operations of any special requirements and VIP guests within the daily/weekly communication meetings, ensuring all guest requests are met.
- To possess a strong knowledge of the products and ensure that the team shares this understanding, so that a flexible and informed selling approaches can be offered.
- To ensure that the company’s credit policy is adhered to across the team.
- To target the team on all up-selling opportunities, utilising incentives as appropriate.
- To build a consensus and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- To attend and contribute to all daily/weekly team meetings.
- To be fully conversant with disciplinary procedures and all other relevant human resources practices e.g. sickness/absenteeism.
Ensuring, training, development and staffing levels are as required, whilst demonstrating a management style that is both ‘hands on’ and strategic.
Continuously analyze actual standards observed against department standards. Demonstrate a pro-active approach to delivering company operational standards and actively challenge deviation.
- To be able to act with initiative, planning for the future and possible consequences. Being pro-active in getting things done and exceeding expectations of both guests and colleagues where possible.
- To develop interactive customer relations and to be aware of any possible future requirements.
- To relay such information and ideas to the General Manager for the enhancement of customer expectation.
- To support with initiative and commitment the overall objectives of the business in terms of revenues, costs and team work – whilst developing your personal competency levels.
- To effectively administer and plan rotas, timesheets, lieu time and holidays.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Be directly involved in developing and executing revenue strategies and sales initiatives – whilst continually developing the hotel team to do the same.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure maximum profitability.
- Review financial performance to against budgeted targets always aiming for market share growth. Providing weekly, monthly and annual forecasts.
- Ensure all commissionable reservations are tracked accurately to minimize commission payments.
- Work with General Manger to produce compelling offers to increase direct sales. Promote these offers via the hotel website and email campaigns.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure the Accommodation section of the hotel website is maintained and promotes the room product.
- Project manage any key strategic priorities ensuring effective leadership of any working party; clear, concise and timely communication to all stakeholders; development and management of associated timelines; delivery of work streams in line with agreed deadlines
- Work with key stakeholders to drive improvements to the business
- To effectively manage relationships with any agreed external contacts, professional advisors and official bodies
- Wage Negotiable -dependent on experience level
- Bonus Package/Pension Included