Use your knowledge and understanding of the market to maximise revenue from events such as Tributes, Weddings, Conference, Private Functions and Festive Events. Thus, increasing the hotel’s share in the market whilst remaining competitive within the local area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage the day to day operation of the Events department – ensuring that all systems and procedures identified in the events audit are completed.
- To ensure that you are fully conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest whenever the possibility arises in order to maximize hotels sales.
- To display a pro-active and innovative approach to skills development and standards enhancement with the events department.
Review financial performance both against budgeted targets aiming for market share growth.
- To co-ordinate constructively with both Finance, Reception, F&B, Deputy General Manager, and the General Manager to complete all weekly and monthly event forecasting within 5%.
- To attend the weekly Sales & Revenue meeting in the hotel, compiling the appropriate reports and competitor intelligence to make effective strategic decisions – within this function the top line results vs budget/YOY should be up dated on a weekly basis with regards to Tributes, Weddings and Festive Events covers.
- To provide input to our marketing department regarding social media posts and all website updates to increase awareness of events the hotel has to offer.
Liaise with our marketing designer surrounding collateral development, continue to update the collateral and ensure stock levels are sufficient at all times.
- To keep abreast of trade shows, exhibitions, conventions and industry events and advise Director of Sales on suitable attendance and exhibiting.
- To manage Events Co-Ordinator to respond to telephone enquiries within 3 rings / reply to emails in a timely manner / upsell/ complete function inputting and issuing function sheets weekly whilst delivering a high level of customer service.
- To actively develop the teams’ awareness of revenue capture, packages and accounting in order to enhance revenues and protect customer service.
Seek at all times to maximise sales and revenue opportunities.
- To be fully conversant with disciplinary procedures and all other relevant human resources practices e.g. sickness/absenteeism.
Ensuring, training, development and staffing levels are as required, whilst demonstrating a management style that is both ‘hands on’ and strategic.
- To deputise for the Director of Sales when required covering duties such as creation of sales materials/ planning and preparing sales presentations for prospect meetings / set SMART objectives for the Events Department and KPIs for direct reports. Provide input to the Sales Executive on corporate event opportunities and discounts.
- Support on additional departmental tasks where required including covering reservations.
- Acting at all times as an ambassador of the business so as to ensure optimal guest experience, protect reputation and brand standards.
- To work towards set targets and key KPIs.
- Events organizing experience
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to use computer technology
- Sales techniques
- 3 Year’s previous experience in a supervisory role
- Experience in a management role
- Previous experience in events role
- UK citizen or valid work permit
- Reporting to General Manager